“You also have to know what sparks the light in you so that you, in your own way, can illuminate the world.” —Oprah Winfrey
You are…Stuck. Overwhelmed. Worried and filled with self-doubt.
I can help.
Hi, I’m Kathryn.
With patience and compassion, we will begin therapy by asking what you want and need from your therapy. Then I only use effective evidence-based treatment to help you reach your counseling goals. My intent as your counselor is to help you reach, and even surpass, your therapy goals as quickly and as effectively as possible.
I work with clients who feel like you, find hope and break free from what has been keeping you stuck. Through ACT, not only do you become “unstuck”, you also learn exactly what direction you want to take in your life, and the actions that will get you there.
I am advanced trained in using Acceptance Commitment Therapy and specialize in working with individuals who seek counseling for:
- Anxiety (Generalized (GAD), Social (SAD), Performance, Panic Attacks)
- Difficult Life Transitions (Divorce, Empty Nest)
- Teen Counseling
- Healthy Technology Lifestyle & Habits
- Purpose & Productivity Coaching
“So come on let it go. Just let it be. Why don’t you be you and I’ll be me?” —James Bay
Kathryn’s Education & Training
I am an Associate Licensed Counselor in Birmingham, Alabama, with a Masters Degree in Clinical Mental Health and advanced training in Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT). My educational background includes:
- Master of Arts, Clinical Mental Health from University of Alabama, Birmingham
- Law Degree (Juris Doctor) from University of Alabama
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science from Birmingham-Southern College
- UAB Community Counseling Clinic, a one year counseling internship
I have been fortunate to work with adolescents and adults of all ages, with varying issues and diagnoses, including but not limited to:
- Low self-esteem
- Bipolar Disorder
- Trauma and Abuse
- Suicidal Ideations
I use the same evidence-based advanced training in ACT to achieve success with my coaching clients that I use with my counseling clients.