“Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you can imagine.” —Roy T. Bennett
Adolescent & Teen Counseling
How Counseling Can Help My Teen
We believe being a teenager is harder than ever. Navigating friend groups, technology, and social media can be stressful. With schoolwork and activities, it can be difficult to find enough time to be a teenager, or even sleep. Adding in pressure about college and uncertainty about your future only makes life harder to manage. During this time when emotions can change by the minute, it is easy to feel overwhelmed.
We understand and we are here to help.
We Can Help If You…
- Struggle in school – grades dropping, don’t want to go
- Excessive fear or worry
- Excessive technology and social media use
- Restless, feeling on edge
- Low self-esteem
- Nervous or anxious around others
- Text anxiety
- Difficulty sleeping
- Stressed all of the time
- Particularly irritable
- Difficulty making friends or struggling in social life
- Major life change or new school
- Difficulty concentrating
- Avoiding things you used to enjoy
- Spending more and more time alone
How Empower Counseling Can Help
We will listen to you without judgment as you describe what is troubling you. We will talk about what your life would look like if you woke up and all of your problems were gone. Then we will create a plan together to help you get back to really enjoying your life. This is your time with me. As long as there is no danger of you hurting yourself or someone else, what you tell me will not be repeated to anyone else.
We only use proven evidenced-based treatments (Acceptance Commitment Therapy or ACT) at Empower Counseling. We can help you:
- Learn healthy ways to cope with stress and emotions
- Let go of anxiety that is keeping you from concentrating
- Healthy relationship with technology and social media
- Be more confident
- Quit acting in ways that are unhealthy or not helpful
- Develop healthy habits to take into adulthood
- Be more present and engaged
- Have a more positive outlook
- Get back into activities and relationships that you used to enjoy
- Have more self-worth and self compassion
Areas of Special Focus
- Divorce/Family transition
- Lack of self-confidence or low self-esteem
- Technology lifestyle
Take the first step toward feeling better. I am here to help you. Reach out to Empower Counseling today.
Other Services Offered Online and at our Birmingham, AL Area Counseling Clinic
Life can be messy and unexpected. Things happen that we are not ready for. Luckily our counseling clinic in Birmingham, Al. can help. We offer treatment for anxiety, counseling for depression, eating disorder counseling, trauma counseling, and counseling for difficult life transitions. We also provide counseling for college students, young adult counseling, and counseling for professionals. We you are ready to start, we are here for you. Click here to reach out now.