“We become what we repeatedly do.” —Sean Covey
Empower helps individuals develop healthy technology lifestyles
Is your current relationship with technology harmful to your health?
Technology is an essential part of our world today. It can serve us in so many ways if used responsibly and intentionally. It can also hurt us if it is used too frequently or in unhealthy ways. Unhealthy or obsessive technology use can cause neurological, psychological, and social problems.
Excessive technology use can lead to the following problems
- Chronic “smart phone stress”
- Poor social skills
- Low self-esteem
- Lack of ability to perform critical thinking and analysis
- Privacy & security issues
- Poor sleep quality and less sleep
- Fostering shallow relationships
- Weakening face to face relationships
- Developmental problems
- Musculoskeletal problems
- Lack of empathy
How can I tell if I have a problem with technology use?
Symptoms of unhealthy, obsessive, or addictive technology use include:
- Social media causes low self-esteem
- Technology used to escape thoughts and feelings
- Living in virtual world more than actual world
- Preoccupied with technology use; Often thinking about your last technology activity or about your next
- Need to spend more and more time using technology to get satisfaction
- Moody or irritable when you attempt to cut down on use
- Use your technology for longer amounts of time than intended
- Need to respond immediately to notifications on your phone
- Anxious when away from device
- Ignore what’s happening around you to be on your phone
Empower Counseling & Coaching Can Help You Break Free from Unhealthy Technology Use
- Examine all of your technology habits, as well as, the underlying reasons for your unhealthy technology use.
- Address the underlying issues that contribute to your unhealthy technology use – Anxiety, depression, low-self esteem.
- Let go of old habits. Empower will use techniques that make it easier to let go of the unhealthy habits.
- Establish new healthy habits and thoughts around technology use and your life.
Benefits of Empower CounselingTechnology can be a tool used to enhance our lives. The goal of Empower Counseling is not abstinence from technology, as that is unrealistic in today’s world. I am here to help you change your relationship with technology. Empower will help you go from a place where technology is controlling you, your health, and well-being to a place where you intentionally and mindfully control your technology use and use it to your benefit. Empower helps you step out of living in a flat virtual world to enjoying and living a life of deep meaningful relationships and experiences to the fullest. Empower Counseling for unhealthy or obsessive technology use can improve your:
- Anxiety or depression
- Self-esteem and level of confidence
- Physical health
- Mental health
- Living with intention and purpose
- Social skills
- Sleep habits
- Stress level
Take back your life by contacting Empower Counseling for the help you need.